Wind Service Technician (Senate Wind Farm near Bryson, TX)
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 240038
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Wichita Falls
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
The Wind Service Technician performs planned and unplanned maintenance including troubleshooting and replacement of parts if necessary in a safe and professional manner on Wind Turbines. Detailed records and parts used must be completed for all work performed. Technicians report to site management and communicate needs and or safety issues that arise. Perform first class work on preventive maintenances to be completed on time and right the first time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently.
• Provide excellent service to our customers.
• Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices Actively work on wind power projects.
• Flexible travel schedule up to 100% travel. Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records.
• Flexibility to work outside planned hours, including nights and weekends as needed and on-call
• Work in varying temperature conditions, and adverse weather conditions.
• Must have 1 year of Wind Technician experience or 6 months in a related program paired with 6 months on a wind site.
• Must have minimum of 6 months training within the iron and metal industry or electrical field. Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces • Climb Wind towers (up to 300 feet) multiple times and at times without climbing aids or lifts. Willing to travel up to 100%
• High school diploma or equivalent. Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations.
• Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position.
• Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.