Sr Market Communications Specialist
Business Unit: Communications
Requisition Number: 240068
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
SCOPE OF POSITION:
As a member of the Division communications Business Partner team, you will independently work on (strategize, execute and measure) communications tasks across the full communications mix, driving marketing objectives for the newly formed, face-paced Future Grid business segment within the Distribution Systems business.
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
• Develop and implement measures and programs by selecting and effectively using various communication channels, i.e. responsible for establishing which elements in the marketing communications mix best fit marketing objectives (elements can include, but not limited to, tradeshows, advertising, public relations, events, promotions, direct mail, brochures, internet, audio-visual productions, etc.)
• Apply relevant governance standards, policies and procedures to -- and ensure consistency, quality, and transparency of – BU (Business Unit) communications.
• Assist in content development to ensure consistency of message in internal and external communications; e.g. internet, intranet, extranet, brochures, advertising, press activities, presentations.
• Solid understanding and consistent implementation of corporate brand guidelines.
• Contribute to and support U.S. messaging, positioning, and communications approach on a project basis.
• Research and communicate Business Unit success stories, projects, products and innovations.
• Partner with the Media Relations, Online Communications, Employee and Leadership Communications and FSS (Functional Shared Service) teams on a project basis.
• Monitor and manage budget as designated.
• Using the required governance tools (e.g. the new media database), maintain print and electronic libraries for use in advertising, brochures, internet development, presentations and trade shows.
• Evaluate effectiveness of communication by conducting and developing surveys, inquiries and other elements of the communication performance management, including analytics from CoE (Center of Excellence) partners.
• Collaborate with Marcom teams to achieve the communication objectives of the overall Distribution Systems BU and Smart Infrastructure Operating Company.
• Working with FSS, assist with coordination, execution and follow-up analysis of customer events and trade shows.
• Manage relationships with internal counterparts, agencies, suppliers, control quality, delivery and service, and channel feedback as required by specific marketing communications projects.
• Observe and analyze communication activities of competitors or best-in-class companies.
• Plan and execute BU specific communication projects and strategy.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty at a consistent high-quality level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience working with products and solutions in either the e-Mobility, solar PV or inverter industry.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and networking skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong teaming skills including cross-cultural abilities
• Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization
• Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change
• Strong attention to detail and project management skills
• Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
• Ability and flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
• Domestic Travel up to 25%
• BA in communications/marketing
• 8-10 years successfully performing the planning, directing, executing of communications to internal and external stakeholders
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong customer service orientation
• Solid computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work under time constraints with multiple projects
• Strong organizational skills and project management experience