Manufacturing Supervisor - Assembly/Test- 1st Shift
Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 240082
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/power_gas.html
- Ensuring that employees have a safe work environment and that they are following all safety practices
- Maintaining workplace organization
- Monitoring labor and material transactions to ensure they are accurate and timely
- Responsible for quality of work produced on shift and performing root cause corrective action as required
- Delivering parts on time to customer promise dates
- Leading cycle time and cost reduction improvements
- Communicating regularly with employees and leading daily startup meetings
- Ensuring that employees are cross trained on all aspects of their job
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- 2 years heavy manufacturing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This individual must be energetic and self-driven but also a team player and be comfortable working in a team environment.
- This person must possess a high degree of analytical skills to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Unique or Special Requirements: Experience in Lean Manufacturing and contemporary problem solving techniques.