Fire Sprinkler Inspector - Commercial Fire/Life Safety Systems - Worthington, OH
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240100
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Worthington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Performs assigned tasks on Fire and Sprinkler Life Safety systems. Tasks to include minor repair, as well as visual and functional testing on fire alarm systems sprinkler risers and field devices in accordance with all national and local standards. Maintains complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed.
Experience in fire alarm and sprinkler testing preferred. Basic knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems, and sprinkler system layout is preferred.
Responsible for providing inspection, testing and preventive maintenance service for fire sprinkler equipment to comply with NFPA25 Standards as well as state and local codes; completing required documentation including deficiency repair recommendations; performing and/or coordinating work for compliance.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Minimum 2 years experience performing fire sprinkler inspection, testing and maintenance service.
• Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
• OH State Certification Required.
• NICET Level II Certificated in Sprinkler Inspection and Testing. (Equivalent experience will be considered if candidate is pursuing NICET Level II Certification.)
• Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces and above ceilings.
· Must have working knowledge of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler Systems and layout. Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
· Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
· Valid State Driver’s License
· A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of low voltage electronic systems.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Good verbal and written communications skills. Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Experience with fire alarm systems is preferred. Knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems and basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities is a plus.
• Fire pump and/or fire backflow prevention device inspection and testing experience highly desired.
· Fire pump and/or fire backflow prevention device inspection and testing experience highly desired.