Procurement Engineer 4
Business Unit: Siemens Healthineers
Requisition Number: 240156
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Procurement Engineer
This is a key position within the organization, and the ideal candidate for this position will typically have 10+ years of successful experience in LIS/middleware software design and development. Siemens is looking for an individual who has developed and launched products used in a clinical laboratory setting. We are specifically looking for someone who has experience in OEM development of software applications for the clinical laboratory in a FDA regulated environment.
Siemens has a requirement for an experienced Procurement Engineer to develop its (direct materials) Supply Base to meet the future needs of its Product portfolio and its manufacturing site in Flanders, New Jersey. This is a great opportunity to work in a leading manufacturing facility with a diverse supply base covering a wide range of commodities, such as; Plastics, PCBA, Metal Machine/Fabrication, Optics, Fluidics, Pneumatics and Cables. Siemens has an excellent corporate Procurement function promoting leading tools, methods and processes to advance your professional career.
The successful candidate will be involved in various supplier programs, such as; evaluation and approval, Commodity gap analysis, capacity and Technical capability assessments, risk assessment and mitigation plan management, part/technology/supplier decisions, RfQ and Supplier Selection, part re-sourcing/transfers and overall part/supplier optimisation projects.
Siemens are looking for an Engineer who has combined Technical ability with a Commercial mind-set and strong supplier relationship management skills. Individual must have the ability to think strategically with regard to supply base development and equally comfortable in terms of dealing with supply chain concepts, programs, processes, activities and metrics/reports.
The Flanders site is currently involved in several new product introductions so this is an exciting time to join an existing team of Procurement professionals to help develop the future Supply Base of the Dublin manufacturing site.
Key Responsibilities of the role include;
- Working with Strategic Procurement to identify and implement supplier changes to the Flanders supply base to reduce costs, improve performance and optimise part/supplier sourcing alignment.
- Implement Supplier strategies into the Flanders site, based on Commodity roadmaps, to provide suppliers capable of servicing business needs across all stakeholder areas (Technical, Commercial, Quality and Financial)
- Participate in supplier evaluation and approval exercises - in particular for new suppliers to ensure business needs can be met
- Support NPI activities in terms of part design/manufacturing technology/supplier selection decisions to ensure supplier optimisation. Promote an ESI approach
- Conduct and analyse RfQ competitive exercises to identify lowest 'total cost of ownership' (TCoO) sources.
- Promote the adoption of Cost & Value Engineering model with major spend suppliers. Conduct DtC exercises with suppliers to reduce cost.
- Initiate Supply Agreements and NDA's where required to protect Siemens' interests. Prepare for negotiations and work closely with Strategic Procurement
- Initiate and project-manage major part resourcing activities in a structured and controlled manner, assuring continuity of supply.
- Identify supplier risk situations and work with site functions and Strategic Procurement to develop and implement risk mitigations strategies
- Understand stakeholder requirements for current and future Product programs at the Flanders site to assess capability gaps in the current supply base.
- Contribute to the overall strategic and operational performance of the Flanders supply base by leading and contributing on various projects
- Broad based understanding of various manufacturing technologies – Electronic and/or Electrical an advantage
- Ability to work with Engineering and NPI to optimise part, material, technology, manufacturing process and supplier decisions
- Strong working knowledge of leading Procurement Tools, Processes, Methods and Reporting Techniques
- Strong Project Management skills and the ability to initiate and lead supplier optimisation projects on a cross-functional basis through to completion
- Experience of managing major parts transfer/resourcing programs and new supplier/part start-ups in a controlled and risk-managed way essential.
- Ability to interact with and influence supplier selection decisions at a Strategic Procurement level within an organisation. Experience of implementing Commodity strategies
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills with suppliers, with demonstrative results in securing competitive pricing and overall terms and conditions
- Ability to build strong and influential business relationships with suppliers to achieve business objectives. Capable of taking a strategic perspective with regard to supplier relationships and management
- Excellent oral communications, business writing skills, inter-personal and presentation skills. Ability to conduct and lead meetings effectively.
- Dynamic team player that can lead effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related Science discipline.
Minimum of 5+ years’ relevant experience within a Procurement function, preferably in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment. In addition, previous Manufacturing engineering experience a distinct advantage.
Broad-based commodity experience - suppliers, materials, technology and manufacturing processes – across a range of direct-material commodities a key requirement.
Experience of working within a direct-material Commodity Management environment across a range of supplier management topics. Proven record of influencing and shaping the strategic development of a supply base.
Experience of dealing with a broad range of supplier organisations across Asia, Europe and the USA desirable.
Must have an established commercial mind-set and the ability to assess and conclude business agreements with suppliers
Must have experience of operating as part of a site cross-functional team, managing stakeholder relationships and reporting up to management level
Experience of working within a NPI project environment desirable
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.