Quality Manager – New Parts
Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 240177
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Quality Manager – New Parts
Winston Salem, NC
Are you an accomplished hands-on leader? Are you looking for your next dynamic opportunity?
In this role, you will be responsible for Siemens WSC New Parts Manufacturing in accordance with Siemens and ISO 9000 standards.
Program to include and not limited to:
•Maintenance of Quality Management System
•Report to Management the performance of the Quality System for management review
•Initiate and manage improvements to the Quality System
•Work with WSC site quality personnel and the ISO auditor
•Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in training, auditing, inspecting and testing turbine components
•Primary functions to Lead and manage Quality process for WSC New Parts Manufacturing
•Review and maintain quality assurance standards, and procedures
•Review quality assurance instructions, production schedules to determine the method of conducting inspections, test, sequence of operations, and work assignments
•Direct workers in quality assurance inspection and testing, to assure that establishment and regulatory standards are met
•Review reports and confer with quality assurance, production, management, and engineering personnel to solve work-related problems
•Develop, Maintain and Improve Quality databases and data collection systems
•Provide data analysis and recommendations as necessary to improve product and process quality
•Facilitate Non-Conformance Reporting and Root Cause / Corrective Action process for New Parts manufacturing
•Support marketing (customer service) in response to Customer Non-Conformance or Warranty issues.
•Formally respond to and address vendor Non-Conformance issues.
•Work with Material/Logistics to maintain qualified vendors.
•When required, go to customer sites to review customer issues.
•Work with Engineering and production to improve all inspection processes for accuracy, efficiencies and simplicity.
•Interact with customers on technical QC issues.
When deemed necessary the Quality Manager shall delegate duties assigned to other members of the Quality Team. However, such delegation does not relieve the Quality Manger of the overall responsibilities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstrates and applies broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations. Demonstrates a good understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- 5-8 years of manufacturing or refurbishment Quality Management System experience and/or ISO 9000 implementation or administration. Exposure to Gas Turbine component repair field relating to any one or all the following; NDE, Welding, Machining, or heat treatment is recommended.
- BS in Engineering in one of the disciplines – Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial engineering is required.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Licenses/Certifications Recommended - Candidate with Level III NDE is preferred – ASNT or Employer based certification
Gas Turbine Repair Manufacturing experience