Fire Installation Technician - Omaha, NE
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240186
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-Omaha
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Performs Fire System checkout, startup, programming on fire systems and components for installed jobs. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation. Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contacts. Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on security systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, and troubleshooting and installation instructions.
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action. Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
• Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems. Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch. Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
• May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required. May complete and submit written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity. Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
• State of NE Fire Inspectors License or NICET 2 Certification preferred. Associate's degree in electronics or other related field or 1-3 yrs Fire System experience a plus. Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting. Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel. Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.