Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 240196
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
The Sr Staff Systems Engineer will report to the Head of Advanced Development and work as part of the Advance Development team to bring ultrasound innovations to market. The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the rapid development of innovations into product as an individual or as part of a small team. Our mission is to be disruptive in ultrasound by rapidly translating innovations that advance clinical care and create business value into product.
• Identify innovations for inclusion into technology roadmap.
• Implement innovations from idea into product. Act as project owner and technical lead for development, verification and clinical testing.
• Support team doing ultrasound research onto clinical scanners.
• Support team and guide interns through feature development, architecture/code review, and testing.
• Support activities through the Product Development Process including concept development, research, prototype development, clinical investigation, product design requirements, product development, clinical optimization, verification, validation and field support.
• Work with others, including Advanced Development team members, electrical hardware engineers, software engineers, ultrasound engineers, product managers, collaboration managers, marketing managers, project managers, and external clinical and university researchers, to implement innovations.
• Required: Strong familiarity with research literature associated with technical developments in diagnostic ultrasound imaging.
• Required: Strong understanding of ultrasonic acoustics in human tissues and the relationship to ultrasound imaging system performance.
• Required: Strong understanding of clinical applications ultrasound technology in diagnostic imaging including standard imaging modes (e.g., B-mode, Doppler, CEUS) and advanced imaging features (e.g. elastography, shear wave imaging).
• Required: Strong Matlab and/or Python coding skills with basic familiarity with C, C++, C# coding and software design principles.
• Desired: Experience with ultrasonic acoustic simulation tools (e.g., PZFlex, Field II) or experimentation environments.
• Required: Function as an entrepreneurial team member - willing to complete a broad range of tasks to ensure team success.
• Required: Effectively communicate (both oral and written English) with clinical experts, Siemens staff and external partners – often to translate needs into technical solutions.
• Desired: Familiarity with commercial system offerings and technology trends.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Ph.D. biomedical engineering (or closely related field) with research focused in advanced ultrasound techniques with over 5 years of experience
• Required: Experience implementing ultrasound signal/image processing algorithms in simulation environments and ultrasound systems then interpreting results and optimizing for desired performance characteristics.
• Desired: Experience working with clinicians to develop/improve ultrasound imaging capabilities.
• Desired: Experience preparing clinical study protocols as part of securing regulatory approvals (e.g. IRB or Ethics Committee) for the clinical evaluation ultrasound imaging features
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.