Warehouse Team Lead 1st shift Domestics 4X10
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 240214
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Plainfield
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Siemens Healthineers Americas Distribution Center ships products and materials that support our customers at hospitals, laboratories and doctor's offices throughout the Americas and exports to over 70 countries. The Team Leader position is critical to the distribution, movement and storage of all Siemens Healthcare Laboratory Diagnostics finished goods from point of receipt to final delivery to our customers. As part of a team, this position supports a variety of warehouse operations, including shipping, inspection, storage and housekeeping which may occur in temperatures varying from 40° F to 65° F.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Be familiar with warehouse operation and inventory control principles/practices. Advanced knowledge preferred.
• Be able to serve as an area expert, providing supervisory back-up
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2-3 years warehouse experience
• Good math skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with personal computers and Microsoft® Office Suite.
• Ability to work with a diverse workforce and engage in positive communication skills
• Ability to decipher and understand the cross-functional activities occurring in a business environment.
• Time management and organizational skills
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to operate various types of material handling equipment, machines, and tools. The equipment may be hazardous and may require special training.
• Willingness to work in a refrigerated environment on a regular basis.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience working in SAP
- Advanced education
- Experience working in Team Lead capacity