Service Technician II - Building Automation / HVAC Controls
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240223
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Our DFW team is growing! We are seeking a Service Specialist to support our DFW Area customers and ensure that their building automation systems are properly maintained and operating correctly.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Responds to calibrations specific customer service calls, checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved, and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work,
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments, verification and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation instructions.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and recommends the best course of action.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 10%
- Required experience: 3+ years experience installing or servicing DDC controls systems.
- Other requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel. Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills. Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing, and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Associate's degree in Electronics or other related field.
- Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations
- Working engineering and programming background
- Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.