Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 240235
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
The Technical Support Team Leader will provide Technical Support to external and internal customers on Gimpel Valves on all manufactured brands of steam turbines
- Support customers during installation, commissioning, and operation of Gimpel supplied equipment in accordance with OEM specifications.
- Collaborate and support internal customers within organization with Gimpel product technical expertise.
- Actively participate on all technical product reviews and improvement in collaboration with the organization.
- Develop planning and schedules for equipment installation, maintenance and overhauls with customer input.
- Develop ISO procedures for commissioning and overhauls of Gimpel product lines.
- Continuous close collaboration with engineering.
- Manage external and internal technical training programs.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 5 years of experience on control, throttle or stop valves and different actuation/control systems.
- Exposure to various rotating equipment applications
- Understanding of control panels design and practical troubleshooting.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft office capabilities (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Presentation and communication skills on a variety of levels, customer relations, and self-motivation
- Proficient using precision measurement equipment
- Ability to diagnose electrical/mechanical/hydraulic problems quickly on operating machinery.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work overtime, irregular hours, and travel on short notice.
- Strong mathematical and mechanical skills.
- Able to travel up to 30% (Domestic/International)
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.