Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240241
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
Siemens is seeking a Supervisor for our Service Coordinators for our San Francisco, Sacramento and Fresno sales offices. This role supervises the team responsible scheduling and coordinating all Service activities and establishing the foundation for our customers’ overall service experience.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Supervises Service Coordinators as assigned to coordinate and schedule onsite and remote service activities and resources, ensuring that customer expectations and commitments are met.
- Provides support, information, prioritization, and coordination of activities and resources across branches, the Zone Operations Center, and the Americas (AM) Digital Service Center.
- Supervises, trains, and mentors Service Coordinators team members through the performance management process (goal-setting, one-on-one meetings, and reviews).
- Acts as a point of escalation for customers with concerns over scheduling and dispatching.
- Works with branch Operations Management to ensure coordination and alignment of their Service Coordinator team.
- Oversees decisions regarding the scheduling and movement of resources and material.
- Ensures all service requests and dispatches are well documented, coordinated, prioritized, and organized.
- Reviews, processes, and distributes all service documentation via the SAP service platform.
- Assists in project profitability through cost containment procedures and processes. Maintains timely set up and completeness of related job folders as assigned.
- Supervises the Service Coordinators to ensure accurate Debit Note Request (DNR / Billing) creation for all Time and Material service orders.
- Achieves Planned Service Budget by driving team to achieve goals for forecasted Revenue, Gross Margin amount, and Gross Margin percentage.
- Performs Service Coordinator tasks to directly support the team and assigned areas of business when needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 30%.
- Required experience: Two years of supervisory experience in customer service, field coordination, administration, or operations.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to read, understand, and accurately manage customer contracts and related data.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred experience:
- Experience with building technologies systems preferred (Building Automation, DDC, HVAC, Fire & Life Safety Systems, Security Systems / Access Control / CCTV).
- SAP experience highly preferred
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.