Business Unit: Transmission Products
Requisition Number: 240267
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Siemens Industry is looking for an Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer for their Richland, MS location. The main target (Mission): Potential experiences include product design, customer order engineering, application engineering, quality engineering and manufacturing engineering. We are expecting double digit growth this year, so we are looking for someone willing to take on the challenge of being part of a growing global organization. Are you ready for the challenge?
The candidate will get rotated through all the departments in the plant and once that has been completed you will be assign to the department that best fits the needs of the plant and is a fit for your background.
*Local candidates preferred but will consider those who lives outside the Richland area.
· External: with end-users, distributors, consultants, affiliates, standards groups, suppliers and other influencers.
· Internal: Siemens sales groups, customer order engineering, product engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, quality assurance and logistics.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Richland factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
· A working knowledge of assigned markets, channels, and customer base for arrester products
· Evaluation of customer specifications in order to propose solutions and obtain approvals.
· Create timely, accurate, and competitive quotations; perform follow-up and win/loss analysis
· Proactively interface with the customer on questions and issues related to product application
· Support the planning process, from lead generation to opportunity to order service
· Develop competency with internal and external customers
· Design products based on customer and internal specifications
· Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process
· Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
· Develop standardized design criteria across all product lines
· Prepare and manage the overall Quality Control Plan for all steps in the manufacturing process.
· Provide technical support for issues related to products and production.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
2. Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
3. Takes initiative and ownership.
4. Team player with leadership tendencies.
5. Adaptable to a constantly changing environment.
6. Continued commitment to learn and apply knowledge.
7. Capable of independent decision-making within set parameters.
8. Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
9. Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs.
10. Experience with CAD programs a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.