Business Unit: Strategic Procurement
Requisition Number: 240269
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Commodity Management Professional for Metal parts
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Commodity Management Professional
- You will be responsible to develop and improve the supplier base for metal parts to support the growing demand in our manufacturing site, Flanders (NJ).
- You will act as focal point between sourcing, manufacturing operations, quality & engineering
- Furthermore, you are expected to perform end to end supplier management to ensure delivery, quality and cost targets are achieved today and in the future
- On an ongoing basis, you will interact with our global commodity managers and align on demand pooling, price negotiations, commodity strategy
This position may suit you best if would like to do develop your career with Healthineers and the description below sounds like you!
- You are self-determined, goal oriented and able to prioritize in an agile environment
- You are analytical and structured in your problem-solving approach
- You have a proven ability to drive assignments to full implementation in collaboration with cross-functional partners (e.g. Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality)
- You are experienced in capacity, process and capability assessment and able to define improvement potentials
- You are a seasoned negotiator and contributor to the business’ profitability
- You are a good communicator and team player with the drive to implement changes
- You are able to build strong and influential business relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
Required for the success of this role
- BS/BA in related discipline
- Master’s degree or MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 8 years procurement experience, preferably in FDA controlled environment
- Experience with machined and sheet-metal parts
- Willing to travel up to 20%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.