Knowlege Based Engineering Programmer- (Turbo Compressors)- Olean, NY
Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 240313
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
As the KBE (Knowledge-Based Engineering) Engineer Programmer you will be responsible for developing and maintaining state of the are software application(s) for Automating a digital version of Siemens Oil & Gas Centrifugal Compressor designs using Microsoft .Net framework tied to the Siemens NX Computer Aided Design (CAD) software using the NX Open API.
You will work in a team of multi-disciplined subject matter experts, utilizing Object Oriented Programming and Agile Development Techniques (e.g. SCRUM) to produce software tools for use by Production Engineering. The focus of this software is to automate compressor designs, which will reduce Engineering cycle time and cost associated with preparing orders for manufacturing.
The KBE Engineering Programmer will be responsible for the following:
Support business improvement projects following agile principles (SCRUM)
- Understand of the design of Centrifugal/Geared Compressors
- Gathering requirements, analyzing and translating requirements into software solutions
- Leverage core engineering principles combined with Software Development to realize engineering and design automation software solutions
- Understand and implement object-oriented programming techniques in the automation software
- Formulate and implement complex mathematical models and engineering rules in code to drive Siemens NX models using the NX Open Application Programming Interface (API)
- Develop Expression and Rules Based Parametric Models to produce geometry that can flex over a wide range of inputs provided by Automation Software
- Extending parametric modeling techniques to enhance Drawing Automation and minimize end user cleanup of the drawings.
- Use of advanced NX Modeling capabilities (i.e. Inter-part Modeling (WAVE), Expressions, Free Form features, etc.) when constructing models.
- Testing program codes to ensure accuracy and robustness
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science or Engineering with 5-8 years experience programming using .Net Framework
- Knowledge of Relational Database design, and 2-3 years experience using Databases
- Knowledge and Experience utilizing CAD software programs to develop logic based parametric models used to manipulate complex 2D/3D CAD geometry.
- Ability to formulate and represent complex mathematical models that capture engineering knowledge and rules in program code
- Experience using APIs (application programming interface) in code development
- An understanding of Centrifugal Compressor design and construction
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge and Experience utilizing Siemens NX CAD
- Experience using Databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access
- Graphical User Interface development experience