Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 240347
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Non Destructive Test (NDT) Technician where you will be performing NDT/NDE inspections on rotating type equipment and components. You will be directly responsible for the organization and operation of the NDT/NDE equipment and will follow and support all safety and quality directives in support of the company's commitment to being the industries Premier Service Provider to our clients. You will be assigned to work 1st shift at our Geismar Louisiana facility.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Level 2 or Level 3 NDT including Dye Penetrant and Magnetic Particle and visual inspection.
- Ability to perform detailed NDT/NDE inspections.
- Ability to write clear and detailed electronic inspection reports.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Better than average written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret general assembly drawings and blueprints.
- Provide complete and accurate electronic inspection reports to appropriate work cell.
- Maintain NDT equipment and work cell in clean, organized and operational condition.
- Continuous improvement to meet shop and industry changing requirements.
- Work weekend and nights when required to meet client and shop requirements
- Assist with mechanical work, disassembly/assembly and inspections
- Rotating equipment experience and knowledge
- Maintains and owns personal mechanical tools not related to NDT testing