Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 240349
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Blaster where you will be responsible for the disassembly, blasting and cleaning of rotating equipment such as centrifugal compressors, steam turbines, and reciprocating compressors. You will work as part of a team within a team to ensure that all projects are completed safely, correctly and meet or beat customer expectations. Follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of the company's commitment to being the industry’s Premier Service Provider to our clients. You will be assigned to work on the night shift at our Geismar Louisiana facility.
What are your responsibilities?
- Unit disassembly, thorough and careful cleaning of components for inspection by methods including blast cleaning, steam cleaning, and hand cleaning.
- Maintaining clear and concise daily work records.
- Assisting mechanics and machinists as needed throughout the shop on other tasks relating to the inspection and repair of rotating equipment
- Maintenance of shop equipment and regular daily shop house keeping to ensure an organized and safe working environment.
- Responsible for following of all safe work practices, safety and quality policies and procedures during normal daily operations.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High school diploma for GED equivalent
- The ability to routinely lift at least 25 pounds, as required to perform essential functions of the position, for up to eight hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds periodically, as required to perform essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manufacturing drawings, shop sketches and equipment repair manuals and procedures.
- Proficient use of common precision measuring instruments (mic's, gauges, and etc.)
- Working knowledge of reciprocating and rotating machines
- Good reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
- A valid driver’s license.
- Personal tooling and measuring instruments required for general machine shop use.
- Basic computer and word processing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.