Midwest Account Manager
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 240362
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Kansas-Kansas City, United States-Iowa-Cedar Rapids, United States-Missouri-St. Louis, United States-Oklahoma-Tulsa, United States-Nebraska-Omaha
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens' Industry Sector is the world’s leading supplier of innovative and environmentally friendly products and solutions for industrial customers. With end-to-end automation technology and industrial software, solid vertical-market expertise, and technology-based services, the Industry Sector enhances its customers’ productivity, efficiency and flexibility. Industry’s global workforce of more than 100,000 employees, and North America workforce of more than 15,000, workers across the following Divisions: Industry Automation, Drive Technologies and Customer Services as well as the Sector-led Business Unit Metals Technologies. For more information on the Industry sector, visit www.usa.siemens.com/industry.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.
Qualified candidate must be located in the Midwest.
Siemens Industry – Analytical Products and Solutions (AP) business unit is currently searching for an Account Manager focused in the Western US Region. The candidate in this role should have Sales experience in the Refining, Chemicals, and Engineering Contractor markets. This position will report to the Western Regional Sales Manager.
The Account Manager is responsible to deliver results based on assigned sales targets in alignment with PA business unit requirements.
These results include realistic sales targets, execution and planning of sales strategies, compliance with offer release requirements, and support of project proposals. This position is to maintain a portfolio of potential targets in a CRM and focus on mature opportunities to drive them to closure. Candidate will be responsible for any / all aspects of business development in the assigned territory including prospecting, customer presentations, negotiation of T&C’s, communicate corporate policy effectively to clients, and assisting in proposal development. Candidate will be responsible for the identification, development, and selling of solutions (projects) to the assigned client base. This person will differentiate Siemens services and solutions from competitors by applying creativity, ingenuity, and innovation in a value added sales approach.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 8+ years experience selling within the Process Analytics, DCS Controls or Drive System markets
- Sales experience in the Midwest US market for integrated Process Analytical, Drives or Automation solutions
- Education: Technical Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Travel: Minimum 50% in the Midwest US region with some overnight stay required
- Experience with cold calling and new account development
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Sales and business development success with complex projects.
- Success working both as an individual and in sales teams
- Consistent history of achieving sales results
- Skill in adapting sales process and priorities to changing markets or opportunities.
- Successful communication of business value to both internal and external customers.
- Effective time management skills