Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 240365
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
In line with program & project processes and messaging, interact with the customer to support the management of customer expectations and support customer adoption.
• Act as trusted advisor to Sales, PreSales and Services project teams providing guidance through the complexity of solution options while leveraging key experiences in the Consumer Products & Retail area.
• Act as trusted advisor to the customer on the long term roadmap for the use of SIT R&D Suite.
• Consult on highly complex projects/assignments of diverse scope that require industry expertise in Specification & Formula Management.
• Work under self-management within project and/ or task constraints and will determine solutions, methods and procedures on assignments/projects.
• Where required lead the 9 elements of the PLM deployment framework.
• Where required, act as project technical work stream lead for specific project work streams on large programs/projects requiring a full time specialist resource, and support project management activities such as estimating, work package breakdown and project planning and monitoring.
• Support complex projects on dedicated product-related expert topics.
• Actively participate in the Zone Community of Practice for SIT R&D Suite knowledge, primarily within the Consumer Products & Retail area, promoting adoption within the Zone and ensuring that knowledge and lessons learned are shared across country/organization boundaries.
• Leverage relevant best practices and templates in the leadership of project solutions in own specialist area across the Zone, and significantly contribute to the definition and maintenance of best practices and curate templates in own area of specialism, providing experiences to support continual improvement.
• Must currently be located in the continental USA
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the Consumer Products and Retail industry area with emphasis on Specification Management and Formula Management and understanding of related systems such as ERP and PLM.
• Demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices regarding product lifecycle management.
• At least 3 years of experience in specialty software configuration and deployment.
• Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree is required to be considered for this position
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Fluent in English with communication skills displaying diplomacy, tact, and the ability to influence
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Preference will be given to candidates already residing in the Chicago metro area. Residents of other large metropolitan areas will also be considered.
• Working knowledge of the SIMATIC IT R&D Suite product line is a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.