Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 240375
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Technical Solutions Architect - Detroit, MI
Provide technical leadership & solution architecture to the sales process at automotive customer account(s) to facilitate sales of NX, Simcenter and Product Lifecycle Management software.
This position is an individual contributor within our Technical Sales organization.
Proactively work with our account managers to steer and facilitate the effective and efficient collaborative pursuit of business opportunities by:
- Providing both solutions and industry expertise.
- Building relationships with customer and product development SMEs.
- Engaging with potential and existing customers to understand customer needs and high-level requirements.
- Delivering demonstrations of the technical capabilities of the proposed CAD / PLM solutions.
- Creating integrated solutions with other applications relevant to the customer account.
- Working under minimal supervision on pre-sales projects and assignments of diverse scope.
- Present with passion the proposed solutions up to VP level Customers and internal Management
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- 8-10 years of experience implementing (or in a Technical Sales Role)
- NX, Teamcenter, CAE solutions for Automotive, Aerospace or Heavy Equipment industries
- 2-3 years of PLM system implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience in MS Office technology with exceptional experience in PowerPoint.
- BS degree in Mechanical and/or Manufacturing Engineering, Computer
- Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Technology or equivalent knowledge of PLM.
- Basic understanding of engineering processes for design and development of products.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply what has been learned.
NOTE: Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Value-based sales skills
- Experience working with large OEMs
- Proven ability to implement or define complex software solutions.
- Integrated Material Management or equivalent experience
- Experience in Systems Engineering methodologies