Electrical Engineer - MV AIS
Business Unit: Distribution Systems
Requisition Number: 240392
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
We are building the energy grid for the future. Can you help us make it a reality? If you're passionate about designing power grid equipment, we have a place for you.
Essential Job Functions:
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills and fluent in English.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to read, understand and evaluate electrical schematics to identify errors or potential improvements with guidance from Mentor.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to do what it takes to get the job done with high quality and in a professional manner.
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to multitask, managing large workloads and business demands.
- Consistent track record of innovative thinking and process improvement.
- You should be detailed orientated, process driven and able to adopt a culture of quality.
- 1+ years of Electrical design/drafting experience with protection and control or engineering firms.
- Design experience using Engineering Base (Microsoft Visio) and/or AutoCAD Electrical
- A Masters Degree in Engineering is a plus with extra consideration given if degree concentration is in the area of power systems.
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for MV Switchgear.
- Experience creating and working with CAD smart blocks
- Experience with electrical design for medium voltage switchgear
- Working knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in medium voltage power distribution products.