Business Unit: Legal and Compliance
Requisition Number: 240439
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
As a Contract Manager, you will primarily support commercial contracts for the procurement of services and equipment for Siemens’ businesses related to large and small power generation in North America. This position is based in Siemens' Orlando office. You will work independently and as a member of a regionally based team concurrently engaged in multiple projects.
You will be responsible for a wide range of activities which include:
• Performing a full spectrum of common contract management duties;
• Applying advanced skills to identify and independently resolve complex problems related to contract language, procedures and practices;
• Providing advice/recommendation and interpretation of contract requirements, obligations and risk exposure to the applicable management team;
• Supporting relevant Siemens’ Limits of Authority processes for procurement and summarizing legal risks for management review and approval;
• Writing, reviewing, analyzing, modifying and negotiating contracts and contract modifications to achieve acceptable levels of risk;
• Performing as a member of a multi-disciplined negotiation team consisting of personnel from multiple Siemens' departments and groups.
• Analyzing supplier contractual terms and conditions and recommending innovative approaches to contract requirements, obligations and risk exposures;
• Drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements relating to direct Procurement activities, including: goods and services, field support, technical / engineering services, IT, transportation / storage and used equipment; and
• Supporting and actively engaging in an environment of continual training, guidance and education of fellow professional staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering focus, required.
• Advanced degree in Business or Law not required but considered beneficial.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Five (5) plus years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and experience in negotiating commercial purchasing; of which three (3) years include contract management / transactional experience in a complex engineering project related field.
• Demonstrated success of handling complex high dollar contracts specific to the purchase of complex, manufactured goods, installation and maintenance services and long term parts/services.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Legal business practices and concerns related to contract and claim management, and the contractual and commercial aspects of software licensing, digital or IT services, and cyber security matters.
• Demonstrated abilities to formulate logical approaches and make effective recommendations to address complex issues.
• Demonstrated strong negotiations skills with the ability to effectively lead or support a matrixed negotiating team consisting of Legal, Engineering, Procurement, and Project Implementation personnel.
• Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently and work well in groups.
• Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
• The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and generate team consensus to move forward; this also includes meeting facilitation skills.
• Excellent verbal communication and writing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of stakeholders. Communicate consistent contractual positions and persuade other parties to accept the fairness of Siemens’ position.
• Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
• Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and concerns.
• Possess and apply the technical aptitude necessary to successfully understand and coordinate inclusion of contractual and technical topics in complex contracts.
• Strong sense of prioritization and internal customer orientation is required.
• Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
• Demonstrate ownership and sense of urgency with assigned tasks and their timely completion.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally estimated at ten percent (10%).
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.