Business Unit: Service Controls and Digitalization
Requisition Number: 240450
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Project Manager – Controls
Are you looking for your next dynamic opportunity? Siemens Instrumentation Control and Electrical Division is seeking an accomplished Project Manager that will direct cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of Power Plant Control Systems. These complex projects include design, manufacturing, installation, and commissioning. Projects include Distributed Control System projects, and Excitation (SEE/SFC) projects. Customers include power generation facilities in North America, and sometimes Latin America.
In this role, you will execute and complete projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes directing resources in a matrix organization and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan. You will also have a proven track record of managing complex projects. This position will report to the Manager of Project Execution and will have responsibility for the profit/loss and schedule performance of the projects assigned.
We are seeking a driver who can:
• Define and track scope, goals, schedule, budgets, risks and deliverables
• Develop full-scale schedules and associated planning documents for projects.
• Delegate tasks, and effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
• Where required, negotiate with other project managers for the shared scheduling of required personnel from within the company
• Identify and resolve issues/conflicts within the project team, as well as technical issues.
• Develop and deliver progress reports to internal/external stakeholders
• Assist with proposals. Generate change order requests. Upsell products and solutions.
• Proactively manage risks and opportunities, and devise contingency plans
• Coach, motivate and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Select and procure the services of Electrical Contractors and manage their installation of Distributed Control Systems and/or Generator Excitation Systems.
• Establish and maintain customer relationships
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
We look for the following to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
• 3 to 5 years of successful Project Management experience with complex Power Plant control/electrical systems or power plant system integration projects
• Prefer PM@Siemens Certified or PMI Certification prior to January 1, 2017
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Advanced scheduling skills using MS Project
• Strong leadership, technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate their presentation skills
• Travel required: 25%
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
You move to the top of the pack if you have:
• Experience with DCS (T3000, PCS7) is a plus.
• Experience with SFC/SEE (Thyripol, WDR, RG3) is a plus.
• Technical/Commercial knowledge of Combined Cycle Power Plants (CCPP) is a plus.
• Electric utility experience is highly desirable
• Master’s degree in technical field or Business Administration, with a focus on Project or Operations Management is desirable
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus, but not required.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.