Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 240470
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Commercial Bid Manager is responsible for quality-compliant commercial bid preparation in terms of contents, timeline and processes. In this detailed role, you will ensure that the bid preparation is in line with the stipulated guidelines and within the budgeted bid costs. We’re seeking someone with good business acumen to interact with other Business Unit executives (Engineering, Project Management, and Sales) and take the information received from our customers’ perspective and translate that into winning bids!
To succeed in this high-profile role, you will:
- Ensure that all cost calculations have been done diligently and support the bid manager on securing and safe guarding profit margins of the project.
- Analyze contracts in consultation with Contract Manager, Bid Manager, Sales Manager & Legal.
- Clarify any questions regarding taxes, customs, currency, insurances, financing etc.
- Act as liaison to procurement regarding raw material hedging and target costing
- Participate in all PM milestone meetings and bid negotiations with procurement for subcontractors/suppliers and approves the calculation of total cost of ownership when doing make vs. buy analysis.
- Contribute in bid negotiations with the Sales Manager / Commercial Business Manager Specification and controlling of the bid costs.
- Ensure positive cash flow for the project - taking into consideration when negotiating payment terms and milestones/plans.
- Conduct strategic risk workshops with the bid team to identify early mitigations
- Involve relevant CPM from project execution to acquire recent lessons learned on specific customers, business models and technologies.
- Provide insights of bid performance to Director of Commercial Project Management and VP of Project Execution during project bid reviews.
BS/BA in Accounting/Finance/Economics (or related discipline) or advanced degree. Certification may be required in some areas.
Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and good knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact. Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
8+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Previous experience as a Commercial Project Manager is highly preferred.