Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 240500
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Repair Center Blaster/Mechanic where you will perform all types of abrasive media blasting within a walk-in booth, and learn fundamentals of inspections on centrifugal compressors and steam turbines. You will be assigned to work 2nd shift at our Houston facility.
What are your responsibilities?
- Uses various abrasive media including glass bead to remove paint, rust and other surface contaminants
- Uses blast suit / breathable air helmet/ gloves and other necessary PPE to perform work inside of the blast booth
- Possess the ability to comply with instructions in written, oral, and schedule form. Abrasive media blasters must read and comprehend manuals, inspection checklists, operating and maintenance instructions, and other work-related information
- Assist other product lines in disassembly, clean, inspection, repair and assembly when required.
- Ability to examine finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications
- Keep equipment working properly and work areas clean and orderly
- Abrasive Media Blasters may be required to work at night and on the weekend. At times, they may be asked to cross-train, work in other areas, or train new employees
- Able to pass a Pulmonary Function Test
- Ability to understand the personal and environmental dangers blast media can have.
- Take proper precautions to prevent such dangers
- As part of an organization’s safety program, abrasive media blasters are expected to complete an annual training program and pass safety examinations and all required assessments
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Minimum one (1) year experience of abrasive media blasting of rotating equipment components
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Forklifts and overhead crane certified
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.