Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240502
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a Sr. Field Specialist to support our Building Automation & HVAC/DDC Controls business for the Cincinnati branch. The Sr. Field Technician coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment that has been newly installed or upgraded.
• Works with project management and engineering team to review jobs specifications and design needs.
• Designs and creates all custom software programs, point database and graphics that are used with the Building Automation Systems, workstations and website interfaces.
• Provides on-site support for the scheduling of contractors to coordinate start-up services as needed. Construction trades would generally include various mechanical, electrical, IT and equipment suppliers.
• Executes project start-ups, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting of installed Building Automation Systems controls and mechanical systems on assigned projects.
• Participates in the layout and coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel.
• Works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
• Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with project team to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work.
• Participates in final inspection and testing, assures customer acceptance, and conducts training for end user customers on system operations.
• Provides Plans & Control System Documents to application engineering for as-built drawings.
• Mentors other specialists who may need specific automation product knowledge.
• A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience with Building Automation Systems. Experience could be as a technician, or Building Automation systems or Owner/Operator.
• Associates Degree or similar education or experience desired (High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum requirement).
• Must have strong knowledge in HVAC mechanical and/or Electrical systems.
• Must have knowledge of computers and MS Suite software products.
• Strong documentation and communication skills desired.
• Independent, self-learner and high desire for high quality products and systems.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.