Head of Managed Services
Business Unit: Distribution Systems
Requisition Number: 240513
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Other Locations: United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-North Carolina-Raleigh, United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Within the newly formed eMobility and Future Grid business, Siemens is seeking a qualified candidate for the role of head of managed services. Managed services and their associated delivery represents a key facet of the Siemens overall solution and growth plan for eMobility within the corporate strategy of Vision 2020+. The role will be responsible for the integrated and coordinated delivery of classical services, Software-as-a-service, integrated EV services, and advanced managed/customer services. The role will report directly to the head of eMobility – North America and will have responsibility for the staffing and scaling of the service scope. Representative offering scope under direct control will include the project management, commissioning, maintenance, remote diagnostics, remote updating, and partner enablement of physical and software services. The role will work in close collaboration with internal service organizations, external service organizations, electrical contractors, project managers, and 3rd party solution providers. Key factors for a successful candidate will include the ability to make intelligent make/buy decisions, a strong detail orientation toward project & program management, prior experience in working with electrical contractors, an ability to bridge the gap between software & physical service offerings, and a strong team building orientation. The role covers all of North America and will be based in Denver, Atlanta, or Raleigh. Travel is expected to vary between 25-50%.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Build out of managed service organization including internal and external contracting
- Development of partner program to encourage external partnering and enablement
- Ability to scale a project management team to a Nationwide customer-facing, managed service organization
- Development of a team that is partnered directly with the direct sales and business development organizations
- Development of key interfaces between physical service and software service offerings including commissioning, charger on-boarding, and over-the-air asset management
- Development of non-traditional service upgrade concept to support customers throughout their eMobility transition
- Expansion of cybersecurity and virtually managed services
- Build out of internal and external application teams to help in the after sales commissioning of complex project sites (charging, networking, electrical energy management, integration with distributed energy sources)
- Direct contracting of key supplier/partners in conjunction with procurement organization and product management
- Key stakeholder toward feature set enhancement in the software platforms for managed services (close interface to software R&D and product management organization)
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.