Business Unit: Research in Digitalization and Automation
Requisition Number: 240540
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Higher Degree
Travel Required: No
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens‘ success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with our global network of experts, we are a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provide important services along the entire value chain – from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented research.
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
Are you interested in driving the revolution of generative design in real industrial applications?
Here’s the right internship opportunity for You!
Join our research group Product Modeling and Simulation Research Group (PSM RG) located in Princeton, NJ, for a 6-12-month full-time (40 hours/week) internship on research and development related to generative design synthesis. Our close contact to different business units in Siemens provides the opportunity to contribute to and gain experience in real industrial applications. During this internship, you will experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research. An internship with Siemens Corporate Technology is a great opportunity for students to gain real world experience in a diverse work environment in the US.
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies, and the business models developed from them, have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with its global network of experts, CT is a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units. It provides important services along the entire value chain – from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. The support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with CT’s own future-oriented research. Siemens’ central research and development arm sees itself as a strategic partner to the company’s businesses. It plays a key role in achieving and maintaining leading competitive positions in the fields of electrification and automation while at the same time helping Siemens fully tap into the growth field of digitalization
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will contribute to industrial research projects on developing computer-aided design exploration and synthesis applications for complex systems
- You will apply design space exploration techniques to large-scale, real-world problems
- You will collaborate and exchange ideas with experts in the fields of generative design and design space exploration
- You will implement concepts and solutions in prototypes, perform feasibility studies, specification and implementation of design exploration techniques.
- You will help advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
- A current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline for research. Please note, you must still be enrolled as a student during the internship period to qualify for the position.
- At least 1-year of Hands-on coding skills
- The ability to quickly prototype in Python/Web APIs/Java Script is required. C++ or C# is a plus
- Basic knowledge in (Graph) Databases
- Show passion for technologies with a can-do attitude
- Excellent team working and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of experts
May consider sponsorship of short-term J-1 visa students (6-12months), dependent upon program requirements.
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs