Tech Writer 3
Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 240553
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The User Interaction Design (UID) Assay Labeling group is seeking an experienced and versatile technical writer to join our team of technical writers and technical illustrators who create immunoassay documentation for the Laboratory Diagnostics business area.
The technical writer writes, edits, and organizes complex technical information (e.g., instructions for use (IFU), and product update instructions) for customers and other service personnel. In addition, the ideal candidate will lead technical documentation projects, represent the department at meetings, and support other teammates as needed.
- Works directly with subject matter experts to gather information, create content, and obtain approvals using strong interpersonal skills and customer-service skills.
- Successfully manages concurrent long-term deliverables while supporting short-term projects.
- Actively participates in team meetings at the project and department levels to ensure the timely and successful completion of every deliverable.
- Supports new product development and commercialized products.
- Migrates existing content to a content management system.
- Write, analyze, and edit verification plans/protocols and reports
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department as assigned.
- Generate reports on the projects, budgets and overall status of the projects as well as reporting any unexpected issues.
- Coordinate and manage the documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The ideal candidate:
- has over 10 years of technical writing experience, preferably in the IVD field.
- can efficiently and effectively organize, improve, and simplify complex source material while identifying and filling gaps.
- is an excellent communicator and teammate who will proactively communicate questions and needs to subject matter experts and escalate issues to management for prompt resolution.
- is comfortable leading others or supporting colleagues depending on the needs of team.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The ideal candidate:
- has experience with structured authoring tools such as COSIMA or FrameMaker.
- is comfortable working in a content management system.