Engineering Specialist II - Building Automation Solutions - Phoenix AZ
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240591
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is seeking a Solutions Engineering Specialist to support the Building Automation team in the Phoenix area. This position provides advanced expertise and knowledge throughout the system and project lifecycle. Utilizing new and existing tools, standards and procedures, the Engineering Specialist provides project management, estimating, designing, tracking, start-up, and commissioning along a wide range of project types. The specialist acts as a technical resource to the Branch team and customer as needed.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
- Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements.
- Must be able to organize, coordinate, and maintain meetings associated with the applicable parties related to the assigned project requirements.
- Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
- Project Management primarily for small service building automation systems consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, and Direct Digital Control panel layouts to meet the intent of project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Designs primarily small project building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, and third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
- Creates automation system database and job-related programming for computer-based building control systems.
- Oversees the creation of system design and graphics requirements on assigned projects.
- Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical, or pneumatic installation problems.
- Organizes and maintains the job financials on assigned projects, project documentation and updates pertinent job-related information.
- Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes.
- Participates in job site meetings, project walk-through, subcontractor coordination on assigned jobs, material requirements and planning, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
- Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
- May provide project management assistance services for larger and/or more complex projects with some deviation from standard practices if required.
- Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
- May be responsible for training and providing guidance to other peers, sales, co-workers and assistant to other specialists.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Experience in the installation and maintenance of building automation products.
- Required travel: 25%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- General knowledge of computer skills for system program creation and maintained programs
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Understands process of construction projects and the requirements to document all changes or deviations to specifications.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC concepts, business operations, and job financial reports.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools, laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Degree or Certificate in Building Automation Technologies
- Degree or Certificate in HVAC Technologies
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.