Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240594
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is seeking a Solutions Engineering Specialist to support the Building Automation Team in the Portland area. This position provides advanced expertise and knowledge throughout the system and project lifecycle. Utilizing new and existing tools, standards and procedures, the Engineering Specialist provides estimating, designing, tracking, start-up, and commissioning along a wide range of project types. The Specialist acts as a technical resource to the Branch team and customer as needed and has the potential to handle management of some projects
Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements.
Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
Designs primarily small service building automation systems consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, and Direct Digital Control panel layouts to meet the intent of project plans, specifications and contract documents.
Designs primarily small project building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, and third party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
Creates automation system database and job-related programming for computer-based building control systems.
Establishes special calibration instructions on selected equipment.
Oversees the creation of system graphics.
Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical, or pneumatic installation problems.
Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information. Prepares engineering re-estimate reports.
Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements
Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs.
Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes.
Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed. Coordinates work with subcontractors.
Provides engineering services listed above for larger and/or more complex projects with some deviation from standard practices if required.
Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
May be responsible for training and providing guidance to engineering assistants and other specialists.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Experience in the installation and maintenance of building automation products.
- Required travel: 25%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- General knowledge of AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan, and must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Understands process of construction projects including document management.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Degree or Certificate in Building Automation Technologies
- Degree or Certificate in HVAC Technologies
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.