Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240598
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Senior Automation Specialist provides product expertise in the Smart Infrastructure disciplines. This senior level role will focus on automation products for customers in the laboratory, higher education, and healthcare markets. The position will interact as the Smart Infrastructure liaison with the customer’s IT, engineering, and operation groups and serve as the technical subject matter expert. The position will require travel to customer sites when needed to design, configure and install the customer’s building automation systems. The position will also be required to provide on-site technical troubleshooting for resolution of customer issues and advanced technical assistance for sales activities.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Ensure faultless installation of equipment
- Coordinates network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Ensure a positive customer experience
- Develop and load programs
- Verification of point database that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence.
- Identifies problems as they occur and suggests appropriate solutions
- Work with commissioning agents to ensure the design meets customer expectations
- Diagnoses and resolves technical problems on jobs and provides appropriate reports to management.
- Troubleshoots network, software, and/or hardware.
- Leverage remote connectivity to improve rapid problem solving with technicians and customers.
- Stays current with SI products communicates updates to field technicians and specialists.
- Coaches lower level field technicians on company systems.
- Mentors other Field Service Technicians / Specialists.
- Serves as the Project Foreman on large and complex projects.
- Provides project managers a report of project progress on assigned jobs.
- Educates customers on product knowledge.
- Much of the role will be spent at customer locations which may include time spent on construction sites. These sites may have a moderate noise level and regular distractions.
- Some physical requirements such as reaching, climbing, standing and bending.
- Ability to work extended hours occasionally as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Experience and Education
- High School diploma required
- 8+ years of experience installing, programming, and troubleshooting building automation systems.
- Ability to use small hand tools, ladders, laptop, smart phone, and tablet.
- Experience in Ethernet Network setup and configuration.
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
- Experience verifying and documenting installation of equipment, working on construction sites, and/or working with building automation systems is preferred and will receive preference.
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
- Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.