Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 240613
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Energy Management is looking for a Quality Engineer to join our high horsepower manufacturing team in Grand Prairie. In this position, you will work to improve existing procedures and processes within our system and collaborate with team members to improve quality controls, tests, and verifications. You will also be the lead for any customer facing quality opportunities as well as internal quality challenges. You should have sound experience in lean manufacturing concepts, ISO leadership/auditing, lean quality tools (FMEA, pareto charts, fishbone diagrams, six Sigma 5S, 8D methodology), process development, and supplier quality.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
· Ensure quality controls are set, oversea tests and monitor activities.
· Maintain high level of consistency and final quality for all parts manufactured.
· Oversee the production related defects.
· Drive supplier performance improvement through root cause analysis & corrective action.
· Track and review corrective and preventive actions including costs and reduction of such costs.
· Provide monthly inspection data and quality assurance reports to senior management.
. Implement and monitor the integrated management system (IMS) in the factory.
. Lead IMS audits and assures the certification of the factory (ISO 9001, 14001, 45001).
. Responsible for incoming inspection
· Review designs, changes, and plans of specifications and processes.
· Ensure project and processes meet all requirements and reliability standards.
· Work with materials, operations and central quality teams to prioritize tasks and workflow.
· Collaborate with team to identify and implement process improvements.
· You will represent Siemens in a customer facing role with our customers.
. 3 plus years’ experience working as a Quality Engineer in a Manufacturing environment.
. Root cause and corrective action techniques.
. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well in teams, ability to make the right judgments and decisions. Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
. Excellent analytical skills, root cause analysis skills, time management skills, be self-motivated and self-directing and ability to proceed with minimal direction and information, good data mining skills and good computer skills, ability to self-learn, good networking skills
. Knowledge of metrology techniques for inspection and validation of parts.
· In-depth understanding of agile methodologies and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
. Microsoft office, Visual basic and Macros experience.
. Knowledge of the IMS standard (ISO 9001, 14001, 45001).
· Certification as CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) from the American Society for Quality preferred
. Internal auditor certification
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.