Service Engineer- Appleton, WI
Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 240614
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 80%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
"Are you ready to start your Industrial Field Service Engineering career and work for a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years?"
Siemens is in search of a Field Service Engineering candidate with coursework and hands-on experience in electric machinery, power electronics, and closed loop controls to begin a career with integrated industrial solutions, power electronics, electric machinery, and power system technologies.
The engineer who takes this position will be located in Appleton, WI and travel to a customer's site and troubleshoot, test, maintain, and/or commission solutions using Siemens drives, motors, and industry technology portfolio to satisfy industrial customer requirements or solve problems. The engineer will be supported with mentoring by our local team of experts and numerous hands-on opportunities to learn our business as they are given progressively increasing responsibility on service calls and projects.
A successful engineer will have a strong educational background with a major focus in VFD, power and energy systems and extensive hands-on experience through labs, research, or hands-on work. A passion for the field and drive to learn and tackle new challenges is an absolute must. The entry level engineer must be able to develop customer relationships, be accurate and detailed while working in a fast paced environment with multiple people, calls and projects demanding attention and time. Candidate must also have the willingness to travel extensively in the US and work the hours needed on industrial job sites to complete the tasks at hand.
• Diagnose customized drivetrain solutions with back office support.
• Learn the latest industrial solutions and new product developments within Siemens to develop top-notch skills and knowledge
• Must be proficient in planning workload and specific tasks and be able to achieve completion dates.
• Interface directly to customers to answer questions and resolve issues.
• Able to understand project-specific documentation (system and functional descriptions, test and commissioning procedures, etc.).
• Collaborate with CAD and designers to test, commission, troubleshoot, and/or update integrated system drawings.
• Mostly domestic with some international travel to other Siemens and customer facilities is required (up to approx. 80%).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Education: BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Must have extensive course work in the following areas:
- Power Electronics (e.g. Fundamentals of Power Electronics, Power Circuits, Power Electronics Laboratory, Power Electronics Control Theory)
- Electric Machinery (e.g. Theory of Electric Machines/Induction Machines/Synchronous Machines, Electric Machinery Lab, Magnetic Circuit Theory, Theory of Electro mechanics/Electromechanical systems)
- Control Systems (e.g. Linear Control Theory, Nonlinear Control Theory, Linear Algebra/Numerical Methods, Machine Control Theory, Modeling and Control of Power Electronic Systems)
• Must be familiar with applicable North American and international codes and standards and OSHA, safety and lock-out / tag-out procedures
• Strong organization and excellent time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer background - both productivity and industrial software
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Additional course work in the following areas preferred:
- Green/Renewables Courses
- Power systems (e.g. Power System Analysis, Power system protection, Grid analysis)
- Thermodynamics or mechanical dynamics
• Internships with Industrial solution integrators a plus.
• Experience with Doble Testing equipment for Relays, Transformers and Circuit Breakers
• Experience with Siemens equipment a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Candidate must have valid driver license.