Project Manager - Intelligent Traffic Systems
Business Unit: Mobility
Requisition Number: 240683
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Senior Project Manager – Austin, TX
As agencies start to plan and implement autonomous, electric, connected, and shared mobility infrastructure they are struggling to manage existing assets: highways, intersections, tunnels, and railway crossings that continue to be hotspots for congestion. Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution and Siemens is leading the way to seamless mobility.
Siemens ITS (Intelligent Traffic Systems) transformative approach to urban transportation combines existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today. We help make cities smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. We are also working on projects related to Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – both integral aspects of our increasing focus on Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
Siemens ITS is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to execute complex projects in Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) across the United States. This vital role will support existing solutions and install base for ATMS projects and guide Siemens’ resources to execute business strategy and meet customer satisfaction and business goals. The Senior Project Manager will report to the VP of Bids, Programs and Engineering and the position is in Austin, Texas.
In this role, you will be a subject matter expert focusing on ATMS and Smart Cities solutions - including how ATMS interfaces with Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, Traffic Management, and Adaptive Traffic Control activities. You will lead project teams during project execution and guarantee meeting business goals and customer satisfaction by executing complex projects on time and in budget. This role requires thought leadership in the respective solution space, applying professional engineering practice in ITS industry, leadership and communication skills as well as a strong background in customer relationship management and project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. MBA or M.S. degree preferred
- PMP certification, PMI
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer intimacy skills
- 10 years of experience in ITS industry developing concepts and delivering complex projects with outstanding customer satisfaction
- 30% travel within the U.S.
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license a huge plus
- Full P&L responsibility to implement ITS projects on time and in budget
- Coordinate with internal departments and external partners to successfully deliver projects based on customer requirements and PM@Siemens guidelines
- Lead project teams and direct subject matter experts, support functions, and third-party partners to execute customer projects and achieve project targets
- Interface and communicate with customers on all project related topics, risks and opportunities
- Apply both PMP and professional engineering principles
- Professional and eloquent communication with vendors, subcontractors, engineering consultants and customers
- Lead customer facing activities (customer interviews, Q/A sessions, project milestone meetings, design approvals, final acceptance procedures) from bid generation to final project acceptance
- Develop a complete understanding of the requirements of the customer and how to best address them and match them with the Siemens value proposition and unique selling points
- Driving all external and internal offer approval and release requests and processes in expedited manner and with highest quality
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.