Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240712
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Winter Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
This field-based position expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service lifecycle on-site. Utilizing existing tools, standards, and procedures, the Engineering Specialist provides designing, tracking, start-up and commissioning of standard jobs. This role acts as a technical resource to the team and customer as needed.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Attend post-booked meeting to gain knowledge of the project
- Analyzes plans, specifications, and the contract to determine system requirements.
- Verify the equipment requirements, system design, and configuration.
- Verify all labor and equipment costs associated with system projects prepared in the branch.
- Ensure the implementation and utilization of Installation Best Practices.
- Develop (when needed) drawings, wiring diagrams, operating instructions, system programming, sequence of operations, and installation instructions of new systems
- Write customer software programs for the following systems: XL3, IXL, INS, SXL, MXL, MXLV, CXL, XLS, XLSV, Desigo
- Ensure technical accuracy, content assemble, and coordination of technical support to complete projects. Maintain records relating to the design, installation, and programming to be turned over the to the Owner, and Service Department. Also create closeout documents and NFPA Inspections to turn over to the AHJ.
- Understand NFPA, Local Codes, and other related fire codes and standards.
- provide technical service to customer Fire Alarm Systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
- Coordinate with contractors in the field to ensure the project is completed correctly, on-time, and on budget.
- Perform system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
- Ensure company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
- Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues out in the field. Make recommendations to correct those issues.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education High School Diploma
- Technical proficiency 5+ years of experience in the installation and maintenance of Siemens Fire Safety Products
- Strong customer service skills
- ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- skilled in the PC Applications and in the use of word processing, spreadsheet programs, CAD, and Bluebeam.
- ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, as well as work in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings
- Must be able to use hand tools
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds
- Must possess a valid driver's license in good standing, and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- NICET Level 2 or above
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred education: AS degree in electronics or related field, or equivalent in the installation and maintenance of low voltage electronic systems.
- FASA/ BASA Certified.