Project Coordinator - Fire and Security - Boston, MA
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240719
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is growing in Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Join our Fire and Security, and while you’re working for an entrepreneurial global company, you will enhance your long-term career path. We offer exceptional benefits, including a matching 401K retirement plan. We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator in Canton, MA. This position works closely with the Operations Manager and Project Managers.
The goal of the position is to allow Project Managers and Supervisors to focus on job execution while ensuring implementation of our core business processes. Project Coordinators also act as the focal point for all projects ensuring they move smoothly through all Project Milestones. Project milestones include Project Opening, Detail Planning, Purchasing, Dispatch of Materials and Equipment, Construction and Installation, Commissioning, Project Acceptance, Project Closeout, and Warranty.
The Project Coordinator acts as the alternate point of contact for customers to help ensure overall customer satisfaction.
• Act as a liaison between Customers, Project Managers, Field Technicians, Sales Executives, Engineering and the Financial Business Administration staff.
• Ensure sales booking package is complete
• Track and process billing approvals, distribution, and vendor submissions
• Create purchase requisition for subcontractors from finalized subcontractor price & scope
• Set up subcontractor in SAP by assigning its network, network activity, and delivery date information
• Tracks material deliveries
• Monitor monthly claims to ensure Operations Manager approval and submit for processing
• Verify timesheet submissions for approval through month‐end.
• Ensure all jobs are reviewed relative to job costs, Billing and AR status,
• Ensure Project Cost Claims are reviewed and processed Regularly Run various Project Financial Reports Reviews.
• Siemens PM Milestone sheets and updates Project Milestones in SAP during month close.
• Ensure all closed Projects are billed at 100%.
• Run automated Project closeout process at the Percent of the Complete level.
• Administer Financial Reporting for Operations and Project Managers.
• Schedule weekly meetings manpower meetings.
• Prepare agendas for projects to be turned over, ensure appropriate approvals.
• Process claims, make adjustments in SAP and provide PMs with project documentation upon completion.
• Bachelor's Degree is highly desired, although candidates with at least a High School Diploma (or GED equivalency) and directly related experience will also be considered.
• Previous Project Coordination experience is preferred.
• Must have excellent Microsoft Office Suite experience.
• Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire individuals with high potential and assist them with their career development. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave. Come advance your career with Siemens!