Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 240738
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Technical Support Engineer provides engineering advice to the Amtrak maintenance workforce in order to enhance
equipment reliability of the Siemens ACS-64 electric locomotive fleet. This includes advice on: routine maintenance,
restoration and resolution to equipment failures, semi-complex equipment installation, and modifications and repairs.
- Assist with running maintenance on a fleet of locomotives, maintenance instructions from Computer Maintenance
Management System (CMMS)
- Assist with unscheduled repairs on locomotives including Mechanical repairs, Electrical repairs, highly complex technical
and troubleshooting repairs on locomotives
- Follow all maintenance instructions (wherever available) to adhere to and maintain compliance and high quality
- Develop a working relationship with the Customer as an employee and representative of Siemens Mobility
- Verify that all defects, tasks, and /or incidents have been reported and documented in (CMMS) for compliance, issue
tracking, and closure
- Provide first line technical assistance to operations staff for troubleshooting and repair of locomotives
- Maintain compliance to all applicable safety rules, laws, and regulations
- Always ensure highest quality standards are met in accordance with Siemens Rail Systems
- In the absence of Stores Keeper Controllers, perform Material transactions to support the fleet as needed
- Foster a work environment that drives a safety first zero harm culture and speak up when necessary as a
stakeholder for shop and site safety for yourself and your coworkers
- Interact with the leadership as needed on all site issues, systems, and related facility operations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience working in an industrial or maintenance environment related to electrical work.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Candidates with a background in rolling stock maintenance and commissioning or other rail-related experience will be
- Candidates should be able to use Microsoft Office suite application to generate reports, presentations, email communications and work with spreadsheets.