Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 240761
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Wichita
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
As a key member of the project execution team at the Wichita Tooling Center, the Solutions Engineer will be responsible continuous improvement and operations excellence at the plant. This person will support the team by leading lean process improvement projects in all functional areas of the business. Key responsibilities include oversight of Internal Management Systems pertaining to safety, quality, and, and internal audit preparedness. Additionally, this person will manage, communicate, and ensure compliance with corporate policy, and procedures at local facility.
· Quality assurance and business process sustainability
o Ensure quality of product delivery to our construction projects and O&M customers
o Document standardized business procedures and systems to support the operations
§ Includes design review, product change management, unit configuration records, ECN generation, process design and documentation, etc.
o Ensure best practices and lessons learned are shared across platforms to facilitate knowledge sharing and encourage collaboration
o Exhibit an ability to diagnose issues with running equipment or equipment in production, based on factory reports and communications
o Identify, lead, and document process improvements
§ Reduce non-value-added operations, increase productivity opportunities, increase safety opportunities, etc.
§ Generate cost-out measures and track progress through implementation and execution
o Provide project plans and documentation
§ Project schedules, specifications, work instructions, job hazard analysis, etc.
· Technical expert of tooling requirements used throughout the construction and maintenance phases of wind turbine lifecycle
o Coordinate technical discussions for region specific tooling requirements needed in support of site project execution
o Capable of providing a detailed repair instruction and bill of materials to improve equipment availability and reliability
o Assist with new tools development with technical engineering counterparts
o Coordinate with other regional engineers share customer feedback and cultivate sharing of knowledge to improve customer experience
· Responsible for day to day operations engineering support to the Wichita Tooling Center.
o Create and analyze technical reports necessary to document the steps of the NC disposition
§ Provide engineering dispositions to NC cases reported by the warehouse
o Provide engineering support for supply chain activities for vendor qualification/evaluation as well as technical response for material solution and dispositions
§ Support procurement activity by clarifying technical specifications to vendors on NCs
o Responsible for collaborating with regional and global teams to ensure designs are corrected or developments are carried out to resolve design issues
o Provide engineering support for construction activities using WTG tooling, for example:
§ Electrical components (power units, generators, motors, cables, electrical cabinets, controllers, grounding, lightning, etc.)
§ Heavy lift rigging and equipment required to load, off-load, and assemble wind turbines
§ Portable hydraulic power unit design, and large electro-mechanical material handling devices (grab, lift, and control blades, tower sections, and rotor assemblies during construction)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Quality Engineering
2. 3+ years of relevant quality engineering experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
3. Experience in the areas of quality control, 8D root cause analysis, and corrective actions
4. Supplier quality management experience
5. Strong analytical skills and theoretical background in manufacturing principles, lean and project management
6. Strong understanding or experience with FMEA of electrical heavy machinery
7. Strong understanding of electrical power system operation and performance in steady state and fault conditions required
8. Must be familiar with ANSI and ASME standards/guidelines relating to design and use of heavy under hook lifting, hoisting devices
9. Accomplished in implementing practical procedures or systems which are moderately complex, and/or specialized skills which require some technical knowledge to apply
10. Use excellent written and verbal communication skills to describe complex faults, participate in preparation of reports, and follow up to final resolution
11. Be a strong team contributor: exhibit professionalism, respect, and understanding when supporting all SGRE personnel
12. Highly energetic, self-driven, and task-oriented
13. Will be required to participate on local/regional/national/international working groups in this area of specialty
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Expertise and experience with SAP, Teamcenter, QSYS, TCTP, and Windchill
2. Knowledge and experience with wind power products and SGRE design methodology preferred
3. Knowledge of power system controls, motors and motor protection, hydraulic circuits, and systems
4. Knowledge of mechanical systems including but not limited to the areas of electro-mechanical yaw system, fluid cooling systems and mechanical structures
5. Training and experience in the service, maintenance, repair and solution development of rotating electric machines
6. Wind turbine technical competency, operations management in the wind power service industry, and/or project management certification is an asset
7. ISO auditor certifications
8. Electrical codes/standards for wind power plants (ICE, IEEE, NEMA, NERC, FERC, WECC, ERCOT, UL, CSA, FAA etc.)
Primary working conditions are an office environment. Travel to wind power site locations is required, which may include climbing wind turbines, working outdoors in cold or hot weather, and strenuous physical effort. International travel may be required. Total travel requirement expected to be approximately 20%.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.