Risk Based Inspection Consultant
Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 240770
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
At Siemens the Safety Consulting business segment is a leading global consultancy focused on providing process safety related services and products. The business has sales and operations in North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific and serves customers globally.
The Safety Consulting business segment is looking for a mechanical and reliability consultant to utilize his/her expertise and awareness of the latest technology to consult, develop and implement our client’s strategy for managing their Asset Integrity program.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following tasks:
• Implement and manage inspection programs, IDMS (Inspection Data Management System) and Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) programs.
• Conduct Mechanical Integrity (MI) Audits, Program development, project implementation at various client sites.
• Perform quality checks on projects before delivery to the client and communicate technical requirements and deliverables.
• Conduct software demonstrations and trainings.
• Provide new design specification &/or technical action plan preparation upon understanding customer requirements so that the clients can operate in compliance with the regulations.
• Support sales opportunities by clearly and fluently explaining Siemens' best practices and value proposition to support customer needs.
• Attend and present at specified industry technical conferences and seminars.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in a refining or petrochemical operating and/or engineering consulting business environment with direct experience in mechanical integrity related work (RBI, inspection, reliability).
• Experience with engineering data management and migration of IDMS databases.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of ASME, API, ANSI and AWS standards.
• Demonstrated interest and accomplishments in improving asset integrity and reliability.
• Strong communication and leadership skills.
• Ability to lead and influence teams.
• Working knowledge of corrosion, metallurgy, inspection techniques, and other inspection-related best practices.
• Expected travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills and Experience
• Experience in the area of process piping, fixed equipment design, repair, inspection, reliability, or other general maintenance.
• Demonstrated technical competence in the field of PSM, RBI, Fitness for Service (FFS).
• NBIC, API and/or Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) Certification a plus.
• Exposure with the following software: PS AIM, UltraPIPE, API RBI, TWI RiskWISE, Capstone RBMI, Meridium Corrosion and Inspection Manager, PCMS, COMPRESS, PV Elite.