Director, Technical Project Management-Eastern Zone of US
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 240836
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 70%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
The Project Team Director (PTD) position is responsible for supporting the rapid entrance of Atellica and Aptio products into customer sites in the Eastern Zone of the United States. The PTD will strategically consult with prospective customers and lead a team to manage Atellica and automation project management through the planning, acquisition, and implementation stages. The PTD will lead a team of Zone Project Specialists (ZPS), Application Project Specialist (APS) and Application Project Managers (APM) on Atellica, automation or middleware projects, from pre-sale to implementation with CAD drawings, automation configuration & Atellica implementation.
The PTD will strategically lead a team of Application Project Specialist (APS) and Application Project Managers (APM). The responsibilities include working with the Global PMO, ZTD, AIM, TAM, APS, APM, Sales, Service, Health Care Solutions, Technical Solutions Center, Marketing and Customers to provide support for Atellica and automation implementations through project management. The PTD oversees deployment of resources for CAD drawings, feasibility logic for lab installations and for pre-sales support. The PTD will possess Subject Matter Expert knowledge level of Atellica and automation systems. The PTD assists with special projects to benefit TAO nationally especially where it impacts installations and drives quicker revenue.
Project Team Director guides the overall operation to achieve national goals and ensure that objectives are met. They manage teams to meet project timelines, revenue quotas and performance targets. They are responsible for recruiting, training and managing the efforts of their teams. They are responsible for all aspects of performance management for their direct reports and for administering the merit process for their teams. Additionally, they present business reviews as required and complete forecast reports illustrating ship and revenue recognition dates of capital equipment.
1. Leads Project Team on Atellica and automation installs.
2. Responsible for resource support in assisting sales with presale support including presentations
3. Responsible for managing Project Team phasing of implementation and establishing & adhering to firm milestones with the customer
4. Responsible for coordinating and managing of resources to streamline the implementation process.
5. Hiring, leading, and developing the Application Project Specialist and Application Project Managers nationally.
6. Interacting with other members of the Siemens' sales, service, and support team to help resolve Atellica, automation and middleware escalations that occur.
7. Manages organizational budget and business plan. 8. Provides resource support for Pre-Sale – Site visit to determine feasibility
9. Manages CAD drawings process
10. Responsible for developing timelines and implementation strategy to meet project targets
11. Directs resource needs within the team
12. Drives project to maximum efficiencies, including best install times with optimum customer satisfaction
The Project Team Director reports directly to the Head of TAO. The Project Team Director interfaces directly with ZTD, AIM, TAM, APS, APM, Sales, Service, Health Care Solutions, Technical Solutions Center, Marketing and Customers to provide support for automation implementations.
Bachelors Degree in Laboratory Management / Business Management . Project Management certification or working towards it, or advanced degree
An Aptitude for Workflow and Process Analysis and Reengineering, Financial Analysis Skills, Strategic/Business Planning, Tactical Implementation Planning, Excellent Verbal and Written Communications, Strong Computer Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project and Database Management). Must possess strong complex problem solving skills. Above average ability to suggest, accept, and implement change.
Ability to strategically and pro-actively determine new equipment installation optimal process flow, troubleshoot, and drive effective strategies for implementations.
Ten or more years experience in the Diagnostics industry, Laboratory Management Experience, Project Management, Management of a High Performance Team, Installation/Service Experience, Proven Team Leadership Skills, Problem Solving Skills, Capital Equipment Sales experience is a plus. Previous experience preferred in Project Management, medical technology, automation & Middleware devices, PC knowledge, networking and interface protocols, experience in a Hospital setting supporting Instrumentation and Laboratory Information Systems.
Has direct reports consisting of Zone Project Specialists, Application Project Specialists and Application Project Managers responsible for the planning, implementation, and support of Atellica, middleware and automation systems nationally.
The individual will routinely interact directly with customers including Contractors, hospital Facilities, Laboratory Managers, Supervisors and IT Administrators as well as external LIS Vendors and 3rd Party Middleware Companies. They will also interact with sales, other TAO members, service and additional Siemens internal partners.
• Delivers as long as there are no major obstacles, adheres to rules and procedures
• Wants the team to deliver
• Makes suggestions for improvement and takes ad hoc actions
• Looks for opportunities to improve performance in own specific area of expertise or span of control
• Sees how money is made in business generally and works to contribute to the business
• Thinks in terms of present problems and issues
• Is aware of existing plans for own business area
• Participates in practical planning of work processes or problem-solving
• Analyzes data to draw first-order conclusions
• Understands immediate issues at stake in area of direct impact or control
• Develops detailed understanding of the customer’s needs, issues and priorities through routinely seeking customer feedback
• Knows how organization performs against customer expectations
• Works to improve customer satisfaction within the framework of the current product, service and solutions offered
• Communicates good and bad news to customer in a timely manner
• Openly questions the status quo
• Points out specific opportunities for change
• Explains the need for change and innovation to others
• Supports change initiatives even in adverse circumstances
• Produces new ideas and approaches in relation to own team
• Prefers working in groups, including groups with a variety of perspectives and origins
• Asks questions, tests assumptions and openly discusses issues, keeps commitments
• Readily accepts and uses expertise and input from others, without regard to source or origin
• Actively listens and responds to concerns and feelings of others even when not explicitly stated
• Adapts communications to the specific audience
• Builds informal networks internally & externally and views them as part of the value creation process
• Accepts that other points of view or cultural norms exist
• Understands that a specific area of the business may have unique requirements, priorities, or capabilities that differ from those of the larger organization
• Is aware of intercultural differences
• Understands that there are different individual styles, language use and their effect on workplace and the larger organizations
• Assigns tasks, setting clear, specific performance objectives and standards and accountability to all
• Provides insights and background behind goals and actions to the team
• Shares information and rationale proactively, also when not required to do so
• Checks goal achievement standards, compliance and responsibility assignment
• Gives feedback to the team and determines team improvement actions
• Encourages positive and professional behavior trough own actions and monitors inappropriate behavior
• Distinguishes between high and low performers objectively
• Tells people what they did right and wrong
• Expresses encouragement to those who try to develop or who show improvement
• Broadly articulates what is required for anyone to advance
• Sends people to standard training programs without identifying the actual training objectives that should be met
• Spontaneously takes actions that align with stated values
• Expresses thoughts and feelings candidly, truthfully, openly, ad directly (to employees, supervisor, or interviewer)
• Acts with humility despite own high capability ratings
• Accepts and provides honest critical feedback
Skills - PTD
Collaborative Relationship Building
Interpersonal and Communication Skills (oral, written)
Computer Proficiency Skills.
Project Management Skills
Coaching and Mentoring