Business Unit: Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics
Requisition Number: 240840
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is searching for a Mechanical Engineer for the Airport Logistics Operation at our DFW location. The candidate will work for the Airport Logistics (AL) business unit inside SPPAL. You will work with the Airport Logistics team responsible for the design, installs, tests and commissions of baggage handling systems (BHS) for domestic airports. The BHS is critical to air travel safety and airport/airline profitability. Each BHS is a customized solution optimized for the location, purpose and bag traffic. The solution must have safety, value, dependability, maintainability, efficiency and sustainability. Most of the projects are conducted on construction jobsites during live airport operations that require a mind-set for safety, prompt and accurate execution, risk management and flexibility.
Under the direction of the Project Manager or Project Lead, the candidate will be responsible for integrating products from the technical portfolio and design project specific equipment per established design practices. Additional responsibilities include:
• Plan the engineering work based on project schedule and budget
• Track the engineering progress through the duration of the project
• Coordinate needed engineering resources with the Engineering Manager,
• Support the project schedule updates
• Support mechanical installation
• Interface and coordinate with other engineering disciplines (controls and Software)
The candidate will be required to learn and master the following:
• Equipment portfolio and their functions
• Engineering workflow and standard design practices
• Engineering software tools and analysis methods
• Bill of material creation and equipment ordering processes
• Knowledge of cross functional engineering disciplines and their contribution to the projects
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Organizational skills, self-motivation, application of mechanical engineering principles, the ability to learn computerized design and analysis tools, a creative nature and hands-on mechanic aptitude are necessity to succeed in this role. The position requirements are:
• Proficient with AutoCAD 2D & 3D
• Experience with BIM related activities and tools such as REVIT and NAVISWorks.
• Excellent English oral and written skills
• Technology degree relevant to this position
• Ability to read construction plans
• Accomplished user of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in mechanical product integration or installation, product design or system layout
• Domestic travel up to 20% of the time
• Able to negotiate tight spaces, ladders, stairwells, catwalks and occasionally lift 40 lbs.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The following are preferred capabilities:
• Experience with AutoCAD 2D & 3D skills,
• Experience with stress analysis of mechanical structures
• Experience with 3D sheet metal and/or machine design
• Experience working “live” construction jobsites and having safety training
• Experience with conveyor systems design is a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.