PreSales Solutions Consultant II - Polarion
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 240841
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Presales Solutions Consultant II - Polarion
This is a Presales Solution Consultant role supporting Application
Lifecycle Management (ALM) solutions, specifically Polarion. This role
reports to the Heavy Equipment, Industrial Machinery,
Auto/Transportation, Energy and Process Verticals Sales Organization.
Demand for ALM, and specifically Polarion, expertise is growing as more
customers look to evaluate Polarion products, and expand their
solutions into the ALM/PLM domain. This position is specifically
concerned with the Polarion portfolio, covering Polarion Application
Lifecycle Management, Requirements Management and the Quality Assurance
The role will require the delivery of expertise in the application of
the Polarion portfolio for the ALM domain, in the form of Presales
• Maintain a good level of understanding of ALM market in target
industries, and how Polarion can address associated business challenges
• Transfer ALM and Polarion knowledge to core PL team members, via team
meeting, webinars, distributing collateral etc.
• Respond promptly and professionally to requests for support from
Portfolio Development and Sales, maintaining a schedule of commitments.
Support requests could include, demo, benchmarks, responding to
Requests for Proposals (RFPs) etc.
• Be skilled in presenting and demonstrating Polarion in a sales
pursuit, in the context of a particular customer’s business needs, with
an emphasis on business value
• Work with customers in a consultative mode to assist in their
deployments and further implementation of the solutions, including
delivery of training
• Understand the relationship and positioning of Polarion with other
Siemens products such as Teamcenter and LMS.
• Competitive Analysis and feedback on market trends and development to
the Portfolio Development and Sales Management
• Have a clear and up-to-date understanding of Polarion capabilities
and limitations, and be able to clearly communicate to Product
Development any gaps that have an impact on customer success and work
effectively to achieve capability improvements
• You feel comfortable in all levels in a company you talk to project
and department leaders as well as to the executives and C-Level.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical discipline.
• Knowledge of various ALM methodologies, such as Agile, using in
software development environments is required.
• Knowledge of ALM tools, (ideally Polarion), and a good understanding of
software management is required.
• Some knowledge of PLM would be desirable.
• Knowledge in the sales of software engineering products, preferably in
the ranges of Requirements Management, Test Management, Application
Lifecycle Management (ALM), Change and Configuration Management
• Some experience of programming/scripting languages is required
• Experience in a customer support role is required, ideally in software products
• Self-supporting, able to work without supervision, able to travel
away for short periods is required
• Proven ability to solve problems in difficult situations
• Able to travel, up to 50% of your time
• Excellent communication and presentation skills is required
• High level of initiative, teamwork, flexibility, willing to learn
• Able to deliver compelling, well-structured, value-based
• Industry knowledge in Systems Engineering, Embedded Development,
Automotive, Aerospace, Automation, Electronic Engineering or medical
technology are beneficial
**Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the
Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored
work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United
• Several years’ experience in Presales or Service/consulting roles is strongly preferred (preferable
in the software industry)
• Experience with the implementation and configuration of database Solutions is preferred