Reliability Availability Maintainability Safety System Engineer
Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 240844
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
- Define requirements and prepares program plans for RAMS tasks.
- Provides RAMS recommendations to designs to ensure requirements are addressed in the rail vehicle design specifications and operating/maintenance procedures.
- Communicate reliability targets and safety requirements to suppliers.
- Perform Failure Mode Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
- Submit Reliability and Maintainability Predictions.
- Deliver Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA).
- Provide Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
- Collect Occupational Safety and Health Administration related supporting documents.
- Capture RAMS requirements from our suppliers to support analysis throughout the design. Elaboration of Reliability, Safety program plans, Reliability Demonstration programs and maintenance plans.
- Collaborates in design reviews.
- Compiles reliability and safety analyses for submittal to customer.
- Support the Reliability Demonstration Program to validate the reliability of our systems.
- Deliver Life Cycle Cost analysis.
- Runs and maintains a system that ensures the feedback of experience from vehicle operation into the design by applying suitable analysis techniques to reliability data from site.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- 5 years or more RAMS experience in rail industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - verbal, written and presentation
- Detailed knowledge of RAMS-related topics including predictions, allocations, FMECA, relevant Military standards, Life Cycle Cost, safety analysis (preliminary, fault tree, fault hazards, operating, and interface hazards), reliability demonstrations and failure review boards.
- Knowledge of the electrical and mechanical equipment typically installed on railway vehicles in order to apply this knowledge to an in-depth RAMS analysis of the components, the interfaces between these components and the overall vehicle.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.