Systems Specialist II - Fire Installation
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240862
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tallahassee
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is growing in Tallahassee, FL. Join our Fire Alarm Installation Team, and while you’re working for an entrepreneurial global company, you will enhance your long-term career path. We offer exceptional benefits, including a matching 401K retirement plan. We are currently searching for a Systems Specialist II with background installing and expanding commercial Fire Alarm Systems. The position will be based out of our Tallahassee, FL office and supports customers throughout North Florida.
• Provides technical service to customer's Fire Alarm systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
• Coordinates with contractors in the process of installing systems.
• Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
• Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
• Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
• Associates Degree preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency is a minimum requirement) and related field experience will also be considered
• Must have prior experience with the installation and maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems, Electrician experience desired.
• Strong customer service skills; good verbal and written communications skills; skilled in common PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
• NICET II or higher certification is desired.
• Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire individuals with high potential and assist them with their career development. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave. Come advance your career with Siemens!