Business Unit: Project & Structured Finance Debt - Americas
Requisition Number: 240874
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Financial Services is actively looking for an experienced Asset Manager to join their Asset Finance (AF) team within the Industry and Healthcare Business Unit (IHF). The position will be responsible for all phases of Asset Management including collateral valuations, residual setting and asset driven portfolio reviews with a focus on structured transportation and industrial assets.
Primary Responsibilities / Role Details
- Perform and review equipment valuations in select asset classes as authority holder and as quality assurer.
- Ability to proactively track and identify early warning signals that could disrupt IHF target markets and asset classes and formulate and recommend strategies to management.
- Review assets in the portfolio for potential risks due to poor or changing collateral values or over exposed residuals. Ability to clearly document and effectively recommend to management when collateral and residual adjustments are required.
- Manage and develop relationships with internal and external key contacts in Siemens Divisions and Business Units, SFS SDPs, appraisers, remarketing companies and experts in the IHF target markets.
- Use industry knowledge and expertise to support sales opportunities and market strategies and assist in the development of financial products.
- Manage end of term negotiations with existing customer relationships as well as remarketing activities related to end of lease asset return or repossession to maximize profitability and/or minimize loss.
- In collaboration with Risk team, review and provide documentation language in support of collateral and/or residual risk positions.
- Assist in the budgeting and planning process. Complete special projects and other assignments as delegated by management.
- Assist in the preparation of external financial audits (E&Y) or internal audits, by providing necessary reports, reconciliations and documentation as requested.
- Ensure all risk management and financial guidelines are adhered too or exceptions documented & approved.
- Be responsive and provide ongoing support to the sales, marketing and business development personnel.
- Develop strong working relationships with other operational disciplines (Legal, Contracts, Collections, Tax, Accounting).
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in Asset Management, with a strong background in asset valuation and remarketing.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Asset Finance business and of the methodology of asset valuation according to International Valuation Standards, ASA or RICS.
- Highly motivated, self-starter personality required that enjoys working independently and under high time pressure. Sound judgment and ability to make decisions are crucial.
- Given the complexity of the transactions many different parties are involved. High team spirit and ability, to lead, co-ordinate and collaborate are required.
- Strong and proven communication, multitasking, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Proficient in formulation of spreadsheets, word processing and use of computers.
- Ability to identify and report equipment/portfolio risks and formulate and recommend strategies to management.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel occasionally, either domestically and/or internationally.