Proposal Writer - Intelligent Traffic Systems
Business Unit: Mobility
Requisition Number: 240893
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-Utah-Salt Lake City, United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Mobility in the U.S. is in the middle of a technological revolution, and as cities and states start to plan for and implement autonomous, electric, connected, and shared mobility infrastructure, they must also manage existing assets: highways, city streets, tunnels, and railway crossings that continue to be hot spots for congestion.
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions is at the forefront of this revolution. Today, we are working with emergency support personnel, city planners, and transportation systems operators not only to manage their existing infrastructure and assets, but also plan for the future. Our projects focus on installing digital and physical infrastructure to help operators know what is happening and where, from tracking buses and trains on their routes, to locating and addressing stalled vehicles, to connecting drivers with important information about road and traffic conditions. We are also working on projects related to connected and automated vehicle solutions (V2I), electric vehicle charging infrastructure and to Mobility-as-a-Service – both integral aspects of our increasing focus on Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
The ITS team is recruiting for a Proposal Writer and Marketing Specialist in our Smart Cities Mobility team. This strategic role will be able to listen to what our city and agencies need and speak about many forms of Siemens mobility solutions to find the intersection of the two. You will provide input and Siemens resources to carry out the strategy, business development, sales growth, and project implementation for all ITS activity across the country. You will report to the Head of Smart Cities Mobility Portfolio. We are actively recruiting candidates to be based in Berkeley, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, Austin, TX.
In this role, you will be familiar with Advanced Traffic Management Systems and Smart Cities Solutions - including Connected Vehicle, Autonomous Vehicle, Adaptive Traffic Control and Multimodal Solutions. You will have experience in proposal or grant writing and be exceptionally organized.
- Create, maintain, and deliver high-quality customer-facing proposals.
- Produce documentation that empowers our customers and partners to implement, extend, and use Siemens Mobility solutions
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, and solution consultants, to gather and transform technical and functional information into customer-facing content
- Write clear, accurate, and complete technical content with ease and grasp technical material quickly
- Interfaces and communicates with Smart Cities team on sales and marketing related topics, issues, and opportunities
- Produces social media materials and messaging in coordination with our Communications team
- Presents at regional conferences on Siemens ITS technology and solutions.
- You'll work directly with different internal departments (Sales, Project Management, R&D, Product Management, Procurement, Legal and Field Operations) and external partners (including distribution channel partners) to successfully deliver proposals based on customer requirements and in line with Siemens quality guidelines.
Competencies for this job include:
- Understanding of and ability to write clearly about traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive signal control, transit signal priority, and connected vehicle (V2I) solutions
- Familiarity with mobility as a service offering, transportation-as-a-service or shared mobility topics
- Creative, original thinking, demonstrated through examples of situations in which the candidate had an idea, and saw it through to completion
- This position requires strong written and oral communication skills with proven interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with people and maintain rapport with internal and external customers is essential.
- Strong organizational skills required. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize workflow, perform under sensitive deadlines. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Flexibility to manage diverse workload
- Ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems
- Self-motivated, but also a team player
- Experience with a virtual workforce (significant work will be done remotely)
- Willing to travel ~20%
- BS/BA in Technical Writing, English/Journalism, City Planning, Transportation Engineering or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years successful experience in the mobility space and successful demonstration of above responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based applications, particularly Word, Excel, Visio, Sharepoint and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of image editing applications such as InDesign and Photoshop.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Proposal Writer with Siemens ITS, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States