Service Technician- Building Automation- Cypress, CA
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240897
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Systems Specialist to support our Building Automation HVAC Controls group in the Los Angeles and Orange County Areas. The Systems Specialist coordinates, implements and/or performs technical product support for building automation systems that have been newly installed at customer sites. This role reports to the Solutions Operations Supervisor and will focus on hospitals, universities, museums, and pharmaceutical facilities.
- Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
- Performs checkout of building automation systems, which includes point verification, programming, sequence of operation checkout, and verification.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks; provides value engineering ideas and details.
- Generates database of programmed DDC points for the controller.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and Lead System Specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
- Participates and may help develop system graphics.
- Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job-related information.
- Performs field activities as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 15%
- Required experience: Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) needed to be successful in this role.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Associates
degree in Electronics or other technical field preferred.
• Preferred experience: Experience installing, programming, and servicing building automation controls systems preferred; candidates with such experience will receive preference over candidates with other electrical/mechanical skills.
• Other preferences:
o Integration experience such as Modbus and BACnet a plus.
o IT experience a plus.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Extensive product training and professional career development.