Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 240914
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Sr Product Engineer
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Sr Product Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Designs, maintains, enhances, tests, and implements very complex systems and solutions. Guides reviews and execution of design transfers from an R&D environment into a manufacturing line. Manages multiple priorities at the same time while ensuring all tasks are completed accurately and on time. Mentors and leads project teams by applying practices and leadership techniques in directing all aspects of product development activities within a project. Guides the quality process through the execution of very complex systems and solution. Must be highly effective at leading people without having direct functional authority over those same people.
· Interfaces and leads discussions across cross-functional teams, engaging executive management to ensure consistency in solution development and implementation
· Applies Project Management principals to engage the Engineering teams in creating plans and schedules that are the basis of the overall Project Team commitments to the business
· Tracks the progress against commitments and leads the team in issue resolution when challenges appear
· Guides very complex technical interchange and knowledge transfer for both processes and application of products to system design
· Integrate and test multiple instruments and informatics products
· Lead integration testing by developing, planning and managing the testing
· Provides support to the project team and business during audits by various internal and external agencies
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· Experience in Project and Program Management disciplines
· Ability to analyze project constraints and find opportunities instead of seeing the constraints as unchanging barriers
· Needs to be technical and hands on at the same time
· Has experience with development laboratory solutions
· Experience working with outside organizations (vendors, OEMs, consultants)
· Attention to quality in all activities and initiatives
· Strong technical leadership and mentoring skills
· Strong problem-solving, communication and presentation skills
· Strong clinical laboratory domain knowledge. Medical devices
· Experience working in the areas of medical device regulations and laboratory
· The ability to relate well and establish credibility with senior leadership
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· BS –Mechanical engineering or Systems engineering
· MS will be preferred ( Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable)
· Strong project management skills
· Good communication skills in speaking and writing for negotiating and for approaching shared targets
· Proven ability to work as a member of an international, multi-located team
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.