Front End Development Intern
Business Unit: Technology and Innovation
Requisition Number: 240933
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Responsibilities: Siemens Healthineers is looking for UI Front End Prototype Development interns to join our User Experience group. You will work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary design team in delivering human-centered solutions to real-life problems. We are currently working on various healthcare applications where you will play an essential role in developing concepts and bringing them to life for our clients and end users. If you are passionate about what you do, love being challenged, and enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds, we would like to hear from you.
· Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including experts in cognitive psychology, human factors, interaction design, and visual design
· Develop and test interactive web based prototypes that showcases innovative user experience concepts
· Follow and share the latest design and technology trends with the team
· Participate in team meetings to support project goals, requirements, processes, deliverables, and timelines
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Human Computer Interaction (must feature a software curriculum)
· Experience with design and development of responsive web applications (1+ year preferred).
· Front End Development: High level of proficiency with
1. HTML 5 / CSS
3. Design and development of web components
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience with Angular JS 2+ , Polymer JS and NodeJS
· Experience in software version control system (e.g, Git) is a plus
· Experience with ECMAScript 2015 or later